daily exercise is one of the most important ways to help your dog be a healthy, happy member of your family
Dogs can’t drive themselves to the gym or go for a jog whenever they please, so that’s why it’s important to help make exercise a daily routine.
- Achieves and keeps a healthy bodyweight
- Maintains muscle tone
- Reduces sleeping difficulties
- Counteracts stress and destructive or aggressive behaviors
- Provides needed mental stimulation
- Improves leash manners
- May remedy negative behavior towards people and other animals
- Structured routine helps to reinforce positive behavior and obedience
Dogs are natural athletes, and some of them were born to be sprinters. Running isn’t for every dog, but many breeds benefit tremendously from running on a regular basis. Did you know that Weimaraners and Jack Russell Terriers can handle a 10-mile run? Of course you know that Greyhounds like to go for a quick dash, but other pups like Beagles and Labradors love it too. In fact, the list of dog breeds that naturally benefit from running regularly is pretty long. Whether your dog’s breed is genetically built to run, or if you just have an energetic pet who loves to go for a jog, many dogs benefit from running.